Friday, August 20, 2010

Monastery of the silence

Friar John enters in the ‘monastery of the silence’ and the superior tells him:
“Brother this is a silent monastery. Here you are welcome. You can stay as long as you want but you can’t speak until I tell you to speak “.
Friar John lived in the monastery a hole year before his superior told him:
“Brother John you have been here for a year. Now you can tell two words”.
Friar John answered: “Hard bed”.
“I’m sorry to hear that – told the Superior- We will give you immediately a better bed”.
The year after Friar John was called once again by his Superior.
“Today you can tell other two words friar John”.
“Cold food” told friar John and the Superior assured him that in the future the food will be better, and hot.”
On his third anniversary in the monastery the Superior called him once again in his office:
“Today you can tell two words”.
“I’m going away” told Friar John.
“It’s better – commented the Superior – since you’ve been here you was the pain in the ass!”.

I hope you like it. It's the bets joke I heard this year, and I liked to divide it with you. I received this joke via e-mail in my office, from my friend and business partner; obviously, he has nothing to do.

No comments: